Thursday, October 15, 2009

NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Natural


So as promised, here is my personal review on the NYX Rouge cream blush in shade CB02- Natural. I went into a makeup store 20 minutes from my house because it's the only place I knew that sold NYX at a good price. I went in there knowing I wanted to buy a powder blush but after swatching the cream blushes, I ended up liking how it applied and how light it felt on. There were some gorgeous colors and these things are super pigmented so a little goes a long way. I was about to buy a brighter pink, but opted to get something more natural looking, and how perfect is it that the shade is called Natural.

I apply the blush with my Studio Tools duo fiber brush and it works great to pick up just the right amount of product. You could definitely use your fingers to apply and blend, but I don't really like the idea of dipping my fingers into the pot and getting it "dirty." If you do use your fingers, make sure to not press too hard because the product is quite soft and you could easily dent it.

The staying power is pretty good too. I usually have problems with my blushes fading and/or wearing off by the middle or end of the day, but this really held up for me. The color stayed pretty true as well. The main reason why I bought this blush was because I wanted something that would stay the same color throughout the day. My Everyday Minerals blushes tend to turn orange after a few hours which bugs me because I want a pink blush to stay pink, not turn orange.

Also, I don't know if this alone caused me to break out. I did notice some redness and/or red spots on my cheeks after wearing it twice. Mineral oil is an ingredient in this so I'm thinking that it may have caused it. This blush is still on my "trial" period so we'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks or so.



[Top: Blush was swiped, Bottom: Blush was blended with my fingers]




1 comment: