Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Balm TimeBalm Concealer


thebalm concealer swatches

Concealer has never been part of my makeup routine but I've been starting to notice some under-eye circles and then the usual redness from blemishes. My friend works at Sephora and she had let my sister know that The Balm has a great concealer. I read the reviews on Sephora and loved what I saw. I purchased this along with my $10 Stila e/s It girl palette. FYI I got the concealer in the Light/Medium shade.

When I received it, I was a bit bummed that the packaging was really plain. It comes in a simple clear pot with a sponge. Hopefully they revamp their packaging for this product because then it would be perfect! Another thing I don't like very much is the smell. It's not awful by any means, but it has a bit of that "makeup smell" to it. The smell is noticeable initially, but goes away after a couple of minutes.

Anyway, I swirled my ring finger into the pot and was surprised it wasn't creamy as others have described. I thought it would be similar to Benefit's Boing concealer, as in super creamy. The consistency feels more like a MAC paint pot. I guess it really depends on where you place your makeup products though. I find that placing it out on my bathroom countertop when I'm in the shower helps soften it to the consistency I prefer. As far as coverage go, I really dig it! It covers up my problem areas and blends into my skin pretty well. This stuff lasts all day long for me too, even after a good run during my lunch break. What I like about this concealer is that it helps even out my skin tone as well. I like to put a little bit on the corners of my nose to cover up the redness and then a little bit over the area above my lip to help even out some of the darkness/shadow.

Time Balm sells for $18 a pop. While this is a bit steep in price, I say it's worth it. There is a good amount of product and a little goes a long way so I'm sure this will last me over a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment