Monday, November 16, 2009

24th B-day

I had a pretty nice birthday this year and that's all I wanted! I'm not a crazy birthday celebrator so having a nice lunch with my family was just perfect. We went to Red Robin and had a feast! I got some money and gift cards to Sephora and Starbucks. My cousins know me well :) At night, we had a little celebration for my birthday and the Pacquiao vs. Cotto boxing fight. I don't know why but I love to watch boxing matches and it makes it even better to watch when a fellow Filipino is fighting. Pacquiao is an amazing boxer and he always looks like he's in his element and enjoying it. That match was super intense to watch and my heart was fluttering like crazy! Good thing he won though!

Then on Sunday, we went to my Grandma's house to celebrate again. My Grandma is too cute! She's 79 years old & can't really use her left arm/hand and still cooks me food! Such a sweet woman. I really had a good time just chatting up with her and asking her questions of her life. She has been dreaming about my Grandpa who passed away several years ago and they are such cute dreams. The first one was on his birthday and she dreamt that my Grandpa was asking her to kiss him, but she said she couldn't because she would trip or something (she uses a cane/walker that's why). Then on their wedding anniversary this year, she dreamt that they were on the bed, but he asked her to put a banig ( a Filipino hard blanket) down on the ground so they could sleep and be happy together there ;) and she ended up yelling his name out loud and waking up my aunt. My aunt then wakes my Grandma and says "Mom, dad is dead, why are you calling his name?" My Grandma had a pretty bad health scare earlier this year and we really thought we were going to lose her, so I've been really trying to get to know her on a different level and enjoy her company while she's still healthy. She's such a comedian!


No comments:

Post a Comment