Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Urban Decay Show Pony Shadow Box







I just received my Urban Decay Show Pony Shadow Box through the mail today and I'm so pleased with it. I've never tried any eyeshadows from Urban Decay, but I knew they were good and when I saw this shadow box online, I really fell in love with the colors. I've been looking for an emerald green and a ton of neutral colors to wear for work. My favorite shadows are from MAC cosmetics, but these are ranking pretty high. They go on smooth and super pigmented! The swatches I have done don't even have any primer underneath them and they already look vibrant. Imagine wearing primer and these colors are going to be amazing!

So far I'm really liking Snatch because it looks great as an all over eyelid color and it's shimmery, but not too shimmery for my liking. Mildew is looking a bit light and I really wanted a dark emerald green so I'm still going to have to experiment with it to get it darker either by packing the color on or getting a dark base. I haven't tried Flash or Painkiller yet. Smog and Toasted are really pretty. They're nothing special though, because you could find similar colors at a drugstore for much cheaper, but the texture and pigmentation is important to me so I love them. I have a feeling that I'm going to gravitate towards these shadows on a daily basis. I've never even hit pan on any shadows, but since these are a bit smaller, it might just happen.

So for $30 you get:
  • 6 (0.9 grams) of eyeshadow in Snatch, Mildew, Flash, Painkiller, Smog, and Toasted
  • 1 mini size Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • 1 mini size 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero

2 comments:

  1. that is one sweet palette, a good bargain too! i wish dept stores sold UD here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it's definitely a value! australia doesn't sell urban decay? can you order off of the actual Urban Decay website though or are the shipping charges ridiculous?

    ReplyDelete