Monday, May 11, 2009

social anxiety

do you guys ever feel like you have social anxiety? a couple of years ago, i swear i had it, but i'm trying not to let social situations get the best of me. i guess one of my short comings is that i don't go out enough. i know that for a fact. i am on and off though. one week i'll go out and have so much with my friends, and then next thing you know i have weeks where i don't want to be in social situations. i think it's the weirdest thing ever. i don't remember being so intimidated by people when i was younger. it just came about later in high school and mostly during college. i feel like i lose myself when i'm out and i hate that. me being intimidated means that i can sometimes be a snob..... i hear it alot from family. and yes, i believe i can be a snob. i'm not going to try and deny that. but the thing is, i know i can be so much more friendly towards people--strangers if i didn't have so much anxiety. this is definitely something i'm trying to change about myself. i recognize i have a problem and i'm trying to fix it. it may not happen in a day, but surely i hope i get better over time. the main reason i want to change for the better is to have better relationships with people. i want to be closer to my friends and i want to learn to love myself for who i am. also, i've been getting some pressure to date/find my next boyfriend. i'm only 23 and previously had a 4 1/2 year relationship with someone(give me a break)!!! haha i do understand the reasoning behind it, but i think i need to work on myself a little longer so i can be open to a relationship. 

well, that was quite cathartic. not a lot of people know this about me, but i'm glad i shared it with you. *sigh of relief*

1 comment: