Wednesday, July 22, 2009

sugaring

for some odd reason the hair on my lower legs seem to grow like crazy. i freaking hate it. i'd say maybe 2 or 3 years ago i noticed that they were growing way too fast and it bugged the heck out of me. it just came out of nowhere. now i'm forced to shave everytime i wear shorts, skirts, or dresses. i can't even shave one day and have smooth skin the next day. haha it's that bad. so 2 years ago i tried the Nad's wax, but I felt that it made my leg hair grow even faster. i thought it would have the opposite effect but apparently with my luck, it got worse. so today, i decided to make some sugar paste because i heard sugaring is better than waxing. the sugaring paste only sticks to the hair unlike wax, which sticks to the hair and skin. if you want to try this out the recipe is:
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup of lemon juice ( do not skip this)
You're going to want to cook it on your stovetop on medium heat for 25 minutes or until it's an amber or golden brown color.

Here's a video of a person performing the sugaring on the legs.





I tried it out on a section of my leg but it didn't work because i think my leg hairs are too short and it was really hot so the paste was just melting on my skin. I'm going to give it another go in a couple of days. What I'm going to do next time is knead the sugar paste until it turns from the amber color to white. Hopefully I will be able to get great results with this hair removal method because i'm sick and tired of shaving! Plus, it is practically free to make the sugar paste and do it on myself!

okay moving on to LOVE.......(great transition from the sugaring huh?)

i've been single for over 2 years now and people are really expecting me to have found another one already. it's actually quite funny to me. i'm not on a constant look out for one, and right now, i'm happy being single. i like the feeling of no one holding me down. of course, i will admit that i get lonely sometimes. it comes and goes. but i know love will happen for me again. he's out there somewhere....we just haven' found each other yet. some people say i'm too picky but i can't help but be that way because i have certain things that i want in someone. it's just a precautionary thing for me, but i know it can harm my chances of finding someone by a lot. and another reason why people want me to have a boyfriend is because they almost feel bad for me like i'm suffering or something. hahaha. i'm perfectly fine people! i don't need a guy in my life to make me happy.....but it wouldn't hurt either huh? all i gotta say is that if you like or have interest in me, you better let me know. hahaha i can be a bit blind sometimes. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment