Sunday, July 5, 2009

my 4th of july

it has been a sad couple of weeks for me since my Lola(grandma) had been admitted to the hospital for a bunch of tests. she had been having problems of falling and just lots of other problems like high blood sugar and her constant trips to the bathroom. we just found out today that she has been taking medication for Parkinson's disease. my cousin, sis, and i have been suspecting that she had Parkinson's for awhile now because her hands tremble, and i guess now her medication explains it. It's been hard on my family but we are trying to keep a positive attitude and we've been visiting my Lola a lot to keep her entertained while she's at the hospital. I believe she might be released tomorrow, but we don't quite know what our plans for her are going to be. She has made it very clear to all of us that she doesn't want to stay at a nursing home so we're trying to see if we can get someone a live-in caregiver so she has assistance in the comfort of her own home. All I can say is that my Lola looks good and she is very aware of her surroundings--meaning she still remembers who all of us are and has a good memory. We're staying strong for her.

In other news, we had a great 4th of July. I went with Sheena to North Island to celebrate with Bubba's family and friends. It was a perfect day. Great weather, great location, great food, and great company. Bubba's family got some rooms in the Navy Lodge and the beach was like a 20 second walk from their rooms. The food was so good! We had some ribs, bbq chicken, potato salad, spaghetti salad, chicken kabobs, burgers, hot dogs, brownies, home made apple and cherry pies, beer, and a bunch of alcoholic drinks. I don't really drink anymore because I'm trying to lose weight but I figured "what the heck for today!" Bubba's dad really tries to make me drink shots whenever I see him so I eventually cracked and took a shot of his Coralejo tequila with Bubba's aunts. Surprisingly, it went down well! hahaha i usually suck so bad at taking shots. Anyway, after taking that shot, the ladies got a little tipsy and we started our girl talk about hot Edward Cullen and then for some reason, the conversation ended up on me about being single and then Bernadette( Bubba's cousin's boyfriend's mom) had the idea of trying to hook me up with her brother. So embarrassing! They kept pointing and telling me to talk to him. hahah. This guy is a bit older than I am and he's super quiet. The age doesn't bother me at all since I need someone who is mature but the quiet thing is something i'm trying to stay away from. I'm a little quiet myself , but I don't want to be with someone who is way too shy to talk. It's so funny that everyone is trying to hook me up now. Even my Lola was trying to hook me up with one of the physical therapists at the hospital. My mom knows better though because she already knows how irritated i can get. I guess I better get used to it though. I'm trying to keep an open mind. 

Oh yeah, Arizona update! It was freakin' hot! The temperature was usually over 100 degrees, the highest was probably 112. Yikes! We had a lot of fun exploring some tourists spots and checking out the real estate. It is way more affordable there than here, that's for sure! I still don't know if I could make the move because of the heat, but who knows. I still have to think about relocating.

No comments:

Post a Comment