Friday, March 12, 2010

Bang for Your Buck: Sally Girl Eyeshadows

I usually prefer MAC or Urban Decay eyeshadows because they are the best I have tried. They are creamy and super pigmented, but quite expensive. I have pretty much stopped buying drugstore brand eyeshadows because I felt like I was wasting money not getting the color payoff that I wanted. I do love buying drugstore brands for other makeup items though!

Anyway I happened to watch a Youtube video on some eyeshadows from Sally Beauty Supply. I was really surprised by the pigmentation and the most surprising thing was the price. Get ready ladies, 99 cents. I was quite hesitant at first but I thought, why not try it? It's only 99 cents. Plus, they got some good reviews on MakeupAlley. So off to Sally Beauty Supply I went. And I came home with these cuties.....

[single eyeshadow]

[I connected the 3 e/s that I bought to make a trio]

[left to right: Champagne, Cinnamon, Brick]




[interlocking grids to connect the eyeshadows]


[pretty good pigmentation for 99 cents huh?]

I really like the idea of the interlocking grids so I could connect the eyeshadows. I am going to keep them connected because they are pretty small and I like the color combination. Each eyeshadow pan is 1.1 grams. For reference, a MAC eyeshadow pan is 1.6 grams. The value of these Sally girl eyeshadows are absolutely amazing. There were a ton of colors at the store and I believe a few formulas as well. The three I got are frosts. I don't know if all the formulas will have the same color payoff as the frosts though. Mattes are a definite hit or miss, but for the unbeatable price, there's some room for experimenting. Go check out your local Sally Beauty Supply Store for this bang for your buck.


2 comments:

  1. Pigmentation is great for 99 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the palette idea! I wish I had access to that brand.

    ReplyDelete