Monday, March 29, 2010

Clinique Superbalanced Powder Makeup & Bonus

My friend and I had a pretty long and stressful work week so we decided we were going shopping on Friday. I think we both knew we were going to be spending quite a bit but then again, didn't mind too much because we wanted to spoil ourselves. She got a little postcard from Clinique advertising their bonus gift they were giving away at Macy's with any purchase at their counter over $21.50. At first I was set on not getting any makeup from there because I didn't necessarily need anything. We ended up getting our face color matched for their Superbalanced Powder Makeup. I budged and ended up buying it haha. So below is the Clinique bonus. I can't believe all of the stuff that was part of the gift. I think its retail value is about $67! There were two choices and I chose the one below because of the eyeshadow colors.

The cosmetic bag is so cute. I love the spring design on it. It also came with a smaller bag and you could definitely fit mascara, lip balm, and lipstick in it.

So as part of of the bonus you get the following:
2 bags,
High Lengths Mascara
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20
Raspberry Glace lipstick
and Color Surge Eyeshadow Duo in Strawberry Fudge.

I'm not really sure if I'm going to use the moisturizers because I got really bad reactions with their skincare line a long time ago and promised myself I would never try it again. My face just ended up stinging real bad and turned red all over.

[Shade 03 Natural]
This uses the same technology as the Smashbox powder where it shaves off a certain amount of powder. This gives you fresh powder for every application which I think is so clever. It says on the directions that one click should be enough for one face application, but I don't even do one entire click! I do such a tiny amount because a little goes a long way. I used it this morning only using a tiny amount and it seriously gave me full coverage. I'm not used to full coverage because I don't really need it. I only use foundation/powder for evening out my skin tone. This also claims to control oil, but I'm not too sure about that yet since I have only used this twice. I will try it out for a couple of weeks and get back to this issue.

[eyeshadow duo in Stawberry Fudge, no specific shade name so i'll refer to them as pink and brown]
[swatches from top to bottom: Raspberry Glace lipstick, pink e/s, brown e/s]
The lipstick is a great berry color and it's perfect for the spring season! The e/s colors are really pretty and soft. The pink shade reminds me of NARS Orgasm blush in the case but it is a peachy gold-pink color and the brown color is just a soft brown that is perfect as a crease color or alone.

2 comments:

  1. =O you get a fantastic freebie for purchase over $21.5?!?!? that's CRAZY!!!!! over here is spend at least $65 then you'll get your freebie lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it's a crazy great deal! i'm really shocked you have to spend $65 in australia though! geez! is that for clinique or any department store brand?

    ReplyDelete