Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Shoe Craze

I was never that into heels because I never really had to wear them. 23 years of going to school, the last thing I wanted to think about was wearing heels. I mean walking around trying to get to classes that were too far away from one another in heels? The simple thing was to wear a good pair of Vans or flip flops and everything was dandy.

Now that I actually have a job and have to wear work attire, pumps come in super handy. For one thing, it helps to have that height advantage to avoid getting work pants hemmed. Plus, pumps look good with slacks and a good pencil skirt. I'm not obsessed with shoes but I do like to have a few good pairs to choose from. Lately, my black peep toe pump has been painful to wear because the toe area is a bit tight and I've been getting blisters. So I have been searching for its replacement and its been tough. The mall hasn't been offering what I want so I turned to online shopping.



I found a pair of dark gray suede Bandolino pumps on Zappos.com and couldn't resist. I have been getting some overtime hours this week so I figured, why the heck not! I've been wanting to get some gray pumps instead of the basic black because it's still neutral enough to wear with any color. I'm so excited to get these in the mail, but hopefully they fit! Some reviewers stated that they tend to run a bit big and recommended getting them a 1/2 size smaller. They better fit because the size I ordered was the smallest size they sell. Crossing my fingers!

This whole shoe thing may just end up becoming an obsession. Too many cute shoes but I have to watch how I spend my money.

UPDATE:
I wore them for the first time today at work and I can not believe how comfortable they were! It's love! They are about 4 inches high but the platform totally helps! Did I mention they were really cute? I want this shoe in so many colors!


No comments:

Post a Comment