Friday, April 24, 2009

girls night out

me needing some fun in my mundane life actually came true today! finally!!! it was basically mine and courtney's girls night out. we met up at fashion valley and didn't really do much shopping because we were thinking of food. so we decided to eat at hot dog on a stick and then we headed out to point loma to a store called the closet. it was pretty cool. there were some good finds but i didn't end up loving anything. then we went to some music store, i can't remember the name but it had a load of stuff in there. tons of CD's, track records, and surprisingly, a huge selection of movies and DVD box sets. Courtney was seriously needing some good hip hop so she bought CD's by The Roots and Common. I was just eyeing some dvd's in the store and unfortunately they didn't have the season of Gilmore Girls I'm missing in my collection. I only need one more to complete the series! bleh! After that we went to Target and just roamed the aisles. It was a lot of fun in there too because I helped Courtney pick out some makeup. She got an eyeshadow quad, mascara, eyeliner, blush, and the EcoTools brush set. I'm so excited for her to experiment with everything! 

After that we both drove to Downtown to do some walking. This was my actual first time driving to downtown by myself and i'm so proud of myself. I have such a fear of driving on one way streets and pedestrians walking all over the place. It wasn't even that scary! I don't know why i was fearing it for this long! I even drove in Downtown L.A. before i drove in Downtown S.D. i'm weird i know. so then we walked for a good half hour until we heard some reggae coming out of this bar. the guy said there was no cover so we went in for awhile. it wasn't crowded but the band was singing no woman no cry so we stayed until they finished the song. then we decided to grab an appetizer and desert at The Spaghetti Factory. Then we went home. I had such a great time though. It has been awhile since I truly hung out with friends so I'm glad I got to share it with Courtney. There's never any drama with us so we always end up having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment