Saturday, April 18, 2009

my feet are a hurtin'

just got home from my late night drive and it was really nice. i love being on the road at night by myself and thinking. best part of it all was i got to blast some Katchafire and S.D.I.B. Such great music to drive to! Anyway my feet are hurting from walking/standing for most of the day. My mom and I were just running errands and shopping. I actually got to purchase something after not being able to for awhile. I just got some tanks and a cute plaid blouse. Imagine me actually getting a paycheck, the damage would be worse. haha. anywho it's late and i want to do a quick workout. goodnight.

i'm back.

i totally forgot to blog about this sweet old man that i met at the dentist office. my mom and i walked in and this man got up from his seat and moved over just so we could sit in the comfortable seats. then he started talking to my mom and how she looked familiar and asked where she's from in the philippines. now if you are filipino, you would understand this because everyone always asks where you live in the philippines. and what a co-in-ki-dink. he was from the same place! he was there with his two grandchildren and once my mom went inside, he started talking to me and telling me a little about his life. what a sweet man! honestly, i have a soft spot for the elderly because they have so much knowledge about the world around us and i love how they can talk your ear off! seeing filipino elders makes me see how great our culture really is. i often have to fight some filipino values because they can be so "old fashioned", but honestly i tend to be more on the conservative side so old fashioned works for me.....well, sometimes. i'm starting to realize that the values i grew up with are values i want to pass along to my kids. values like family being the most important, respecting your elders, and going to church. sometimes it is the simplest things that we forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment