Friday, April 17, 2009

Recap

so it's been awhile since i've blogged but i was gone for a whole week and then i tried to spend as much time with my relatives from Germany as much as possible before they left. so recap of the road trip....it was amazing. i'm glad i decided to go because i got to see so many places that i probably won't have time to see in the future once i'm working. i posted all the pics on my facebook so check them out of if you have time. the places we went to were Yosemite National Park, Monterey Bay, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Bryce Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon, Sedona, and Laughlin. My favorite was definitely Sedona. It is beautiful out there. It's a cute little place with great views and really friendly people. I wouldn't mind moving out there if there was a job opportunity. It definitely looked like an older crowd but I don't mind that at all. I also enjoyed Vegas because I actually got to do the 21 year old and up thing this time. We had a cousin's night out and we really didn't feel like clubbing and spending tons of money so we went to Mandalay Bay instead and went to the Eye Candy lounge. it was pretty chill and we were lucky because it was happy hour. the deal was buy one drink and get the other free. so all 6 of us had 2 drinks each and let's say i was buzzed by the time i finished my vodka tonics. that is definitely my drink now. i used to like fruity stuff a lot but i can't drink them anymore because they make me feel sick. i often choose to drink beer too but i don't like that bloated feeling i get after drinking it so i've been trying to stay away from it. oh, i almost forgot, i won around $22 playing penny slots! i only started with a $1! freakin' awesome! i know it's not like hundreds or thousands of dollars that i won but for my first time gambling, it was awesome! i can now understand why some people are gamblers! anyway, i'm just glad to be home and to be sleeping in my own bed. there's no place like home!

Yesterday, the sister and I drove up to LAX to drop off my Auntie Winnie, Sanchia, and Jasmin. After a 3 week vacation here, they were headed home to Germany. I'm going to miss them a lot. I had such a great time hanging out with them. I already have a large family here in San Diego, but the more the merrier right? I absolutely love how close my family is. I often think about people with small families or those that have non-existent relationships with their families and how sad it must be. I have my sister as my best friend and tons of cousins that I'm really close to.

After all this time on the road and spending quality time with my relatives, I have to re-focus on myself. It's been pretty tough not having a job and it's slowly eating at me. I have moments where I'm dandy and optimistic that an opportunity will pop up, and then I have moments, like right now, where I feel so dissapointed and almost depressed that nothing has happened for me yet. Actually, I was supposed to intern at this private firm, but I haven't gotten another call back about a start date because they are so extremely slow right now. Damn this economy! I'm not giving up on that internship, but I'm definitely not going to let it be my ONLY option. I just went to SDG&E 2 days ago to talk with a temp agency about job opportunities. Hopefully they can find me a job there because it's my foot in a door. It's a great company and energy is not going away anytime soon so I'm betting it's pretty stable. They have a lot of departments that I'm interested in as well so that's something to be optimistic about. Another thing I've been focusing on is my health. I've been trying to eat healthier and workout more frequently. I actually think it's working too because people have been telling me that I look like I have lost weight. If you look at my pictures from last year, you can tell a difference. people can always see it in my face! yikes my face was freakin huge! i like how i feel right now, but i would like to lose around 5-10 pounds.

this is a long post. i hope you were able to read through all of it! goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment