Friday, February 20, 2009

Back to good ol' socializing

I went to Jimmy's house for his BBQ last night. It was really fun because there were such good people that attended. I was like the 3rd person there so it was really chill and I got to meet some people that are going to Honduras this Spring Break for the Global Water Brigades. I wish I could go but I'm broke. I hope that one day I will be able to go though. Anyway Jimmy had bought a lot of food from Trader Joe's to cook and it was amazing. We had pepperoni pizza, vegetarian pizza, fried eggplant, chicken and veggie tacos, a grip load of two buck chuck and beer. I wasn't even going to drink that much but the host decided to fill my "glass" like 3/4 full of wine so I drank and enjoyed it. I decided to refill about twice because it was pretty damn good. I had a good buzz going for awhile. Anyway more people came and most of them ended up being international students so that was pretty cool. There were two girls that are from Brazil studying at state and then another girl that is from Japan. It was so cool to hear about their lives and stories from back home. I'm glad I didn't flake out and decided to go last night because I really needed a social event in my life. It has been quite awhile since I've hung out with a large group of people. And this was just a calm-get to know each other party rather than a let's get drunk and not remember anything party so that's always good in my book. 

Oh yeah, we were all talking about adding each other on Facebook and it actually happened. I was even surprised that one of the girls I met named Tesia actually graduated my year at the same school. It's a small freakin world! That's pretty awesome though. I'll leave you guys with some pictures.

Pepperoni Pizza

Fresh Mozzarella and Basil Pizza

Our host Jimmy

Courtney chillin'

I was freezing outside!

Jimster&Courtney

Some new friends






No comments:

Post a Comment