Sunday, January 11, 2009

Introduction & Makeup Talk

Hey everyone, Sharyn here! I hope everyone is doing well today. I just got home from watching the Chargers/Steelers game, and while it is sad that the Chargers lost, there's always next year and I'm sure they amazed everyone again this year because they made it to another Playoffs game.  

Anyways, my sis started a blog a couple of days ago and she was telling me to make one too so I can write about life and makeup. I don't know if many of you got sucked into the whole Bare Minerals makeup thing because I know I did. I bought a kit about two or three years ago from Sephora and thought I liked it, but lo and behold, broke out and my skin got all irritated. not cool! So after using it for a few weeks I decided to stop using foundation. Then right before Thanksgiving of last year I was watching some Youtube videos and a lot of women were saying that there was a great mineral makeup company called Everyday Minerals. I ordered a free sample kit which only costs you shipping and you get 3 foundations, 1 blush, and 1 concealer of your choice. All I have to say is I love their makeup. It doesn't contain an ingredient--irritant, that Bare Minerals has so I didn't break  out. The only thing is choosing your foundation shade may be a bit tricky because there are a ton of shades but I think it's all worth it. Oh, for reference, I use the Olive-Golden Medium shade in matte. I was really lucky to have gotten their Super Personal Kit for $50 for Xmas!!! I got it from my secret santa and WOW it's amazing. I got 12 items for $50!  I got 2 foundations, 3 concealers, 3 blushes, 2 flat top brushes, 1 start to finish bronzing powder (freebie), and 4 eyeshadows ( 2 of them were freebies). Oh yeah, they always have specials so that means you get a discount and/or freebies when you enter the code provided on their site.

List of Products:
-Golden Medium-Matte Foundation
-Concealers: Mint, Multi-Tasking, and Sunlight
-Blushes: All Smiles, Apple, Best Friends
-Start to Finish Bronzer
-Eyeshadows: Smokey Pink, Wild Flowers, Mistletoe, Frost Bitten


Oh and if you want to try the softest brush EVER, buy their Flat Top Brush--hey, it's only 10 bucks and trust me, you will never want to use a different brush again!!!  If you guys have any questions about this makeup let me know. 

1 comment:

  1. Well thank you for the tips. I would love to Everyday minerals. I hate using foundation and later on your face is glazed with oil! Gross. So thanks for the tip. And congrats on beginning your new blog!
    Jonesy

    ReplyDelete