Thursday, January 15, 2009

laughter and reconnections

Funny story to tell, well I think it's funny. I guess I was dreaming about something funny my dad bought at a store and I was laughing out loud in my dream and in real life! I mean I was still asleep but I knew I was laughing?!!? HAHA Sheena even had to wake me up so she was yelling my name telling me I was laughing. I found that absolutely hilarious. Eeeks what about those dreams--nightmares that have you waking up sweating and panting? I've had that happen before and it was because someone was chasing me....I hope to never have one of those again. super scary.

Last night, I got to talking to my old friend Matt. It was the weirdest thing because we saw each other at the mall during the holidays. Then I guess he still had my AIM screen name and im'ed me. He was a really good friend back in the day, like middle school& high school days....we used to ride the bus together. We talked for hours and it was so nice to reminisce about the past and talk about people that we still see around our neighborhoods and stuff. You know, it's really nice to reconnect with someone like him because it's rare to find someone that hasn't changed...he's still the same guy I knew in high school. And our type of conversation is different from other friend's conversations just because we sorta grew up together. Something we talked about was how some people we thought we knew changed for worse. I feel really sad for one particular person just because I thought I knew him/her so well and now his/her focus and goals have been put into the sideline because of the partying. If I were to come face-to-face with this person I don't think I'd see the person I knew. That's a disappointment.

 But, it really is nice to reconnect with people I was close with in middle school and high school. Like Nerissa, she is like one of my closest friends now, I think we're even closer now than we were back in the day. We just like to enjoy each other's company and have silly conversations. I also still see J.C. and Mary once in awhile and it's so nice to catch up with them and see what they're doing in their lives. And I still see my girls once in awhile, it gets hard because we are so spread out in California that we really have to plan a reunion or else we'd never see each other. I'm getting better about driving far away to see people though because I was always freaked out about driving to L.A. but I stayed over at my friend's house about 2 months ago and drove all by myself! I got there and thought that it was such a piece of cake! I really shouldn't let fear take over me! 

This blogging thing is pretty fun. It's nice to write down thoughts and look back at them. til' next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment