Friday, January 16, 2009

irritated

So I applied for this internship at my friend's work and thought it was going well. We got to email back and forth about an interview, but for some reason, he just never emailed back about a specific date and time. I've already sent him about 2 emails to remind him that I was still available for an interview, and seriously I still haven't received an email. I really thought I was going in for one this week but that never happened. Then this morning I called the office and left a message with the receptionist...who knows if it will even get to him, or better yet, if he even bothers to call me back. I just think it's a bit shady you know? I showed him so much interest and it seems like he just blew me off---well that's what i feel. Who knows if he's busy or even filled that position already, but don't I at least deserve an email or call? I sure think so! Maybe I'm overreacting and should give him like a couple more days to see if he responds, but at this point I have lost my cool. 

The only thing I wish for is finding that job that can take me to where I want to be. I'm prepared to take that low position because I know that someday I'll work my way up. That's the way it works around here....you gotta climb that damn ladder! The problem is, that ladder seems to be nonexistent or hard to get a grasp of. I'm on two waiting list for two counties and with this horrible economy who knows when i'm going to get a call from them about an open spot. I'm hoping for the best in these upcoming months because it's hard to sit around when all I want to do is get out there and work hard. I may have to sidetrack a bit and find any decent job right now, and then hopefully apply for the jobs that are related to my degree when I see more openings. I  can really see how people can fall into depression during these hard times, and I'm sure I would be on that same boat if it were not for my friends and family. Sorry if I have depressed my readers but the point of me having this blog is to express my thoughts and emotions. It's definitely a great way to get rid of those bad feelings going through me. I'll try to blog a happier post next time guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment